Alocasia Maharani, Also known as Alocasia Grey Dragon, is one of the jewel alocasias popular for its unique, decorative foliage. Alocasia Maharani is a hybrid related to Alocasia Black Velvet and features compact, matte green leaves with deep veining and heavy texture that resembles scales. Maharani is one of the smaller Alocasias, growing to a little over a foot in height.
Alocasia Maharani are tricky plants but reward plant parents with unique foliage. Alocasia maharani thrive in bright indirect light; too little light and this house plant will grow stretched. It’s best to be cautious with watering until you get a feel for how much water your plant requires as overwatering can do a lot of damage quickly, but once you get the hang of it this plant is easy to maintain.
- Common names: Grey Dragon, Maharani
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Variety: tropical perennial foliage
- Growth: average growth 1-2 feet tall
- Warnings: toxic to pets and humans
- Note: live plant size may vary, no two plants are alike
- Rare find! Perfect gift for the Urban Jungle plant parent
18" H 7.5" L 7.5" D