Philodendron hederaceum, also known as Heart Leaf Philodendron, is a beautiful vining plant native to South America. Philodendron cordatum grows relatively quickly and can be hung as a beautiful hanging basket or trained to climb trellises or moss poles. Its foliage can begin as a deep burgundy when new leaves unfurl, and then settles into a beautiful deep green.
Philodendron cordatum can tolerate medium to low light but are happiest in bright indirect light where they will produce larger foliage more quickly. They should be watered when the first inch or two of soil feels dry. Philodendron cordatum are easy houseplants to care for and are wonderful plants to learn to propagate with, simply cut leaves below the node or root and place in water to begin the process.
- Common names: heart leaf philodendron, philodendron cordatum, sweetheart plant
- Difficulty: Easy
- Plant Type: tropical trailing foliage
- Warning: toxic to pets and children
- Note: live plant size may vary, no two plants are alike
- Perfect gift for the Urban Jungle beginner plant parent
22" H 6.5" L 6.5" D