Scindapsus pictus is a slow growing, tropical plant native to Southeast Asia and is commonly known as Satin Pothos or Silk Pothos, despite being an unrelated species. Scindapsus pictus is part of the Aurum family and is a vining plant that will slowly climb up trellises or trail as a hanging basket. Typically cultivated in its juvenile phase, Scindapsus have oval leaves with heart shaped bases that grow into pinnately lobed leaves once mature. Its velvet textured, matte green leaves are decorated with silver spots in unique patterns.
Scindapsus are popular as they grow well in almost any area provided it has a source of indirect light. Although it can grow well under artificial lighting, indirect sunlight works best to maintain the variegated leaves which can fade in low light. Water only when the top inch feels dry to maintain the soil moist but make sure it's not saturated in water. Relatively easy to care for, Scindapsus are good for budding houseplant enthusiasts looking to add a unique indoor plant to their collection.
- Common names: Satin Pothos, Silk Pothos, Silver Pothos
- Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Plant Type: tropical trailing foliage
- Growth: average growth 4-10 feet tall
- Warning: may be toxic to pets
- Note: live plant size may vary, no two plants are alike
- Perfect gift for the Urban Jungle plant parent
14" H 5" L 5" D